We aren’t fooling! It may be spring, but it is chilly here. So Italian soup it is!
- 4 cups broth
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 minced onion
- 2 cups grape tomatoes (cut into quarters)
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 red potatoes
- 3 big handfuls of baby kale
- 2 cups spicy Italian sausage
- Place sausage on a sauce pan at a medium heat.
- Once sausage is browned remove from heat and cut into 1/4 inch bits.
- Place back on heat until the sausage is no longer pink.
- Set aside and let cool. (I cut mine in half so it mixes better)
- Mince garlic and onions.
- Sauté garlic and onion in 1 tablespoon olive oil at a medium heat.
- Once onions begin to soften, add tomatoes.
- Once tomato skin begin to peel away, add Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Stir and toss in potatoes.
- Once evenly mixed, add broth.
- Bring to a light boil. Cover and let boil for 15 minutes.
- Add sausage and kale
- Cover and let cook for 10 minutes
- Serve and enjoy!