PREHEAT OVEN TO 350°F | COOK TIME 30 MIN | PREP TIME 1 HOUR | MAKES 6 SERVINGS
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ¼ cup full fat coconut milk
- ⅓ cup cane sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 egg whites
- coconut oil or butter for greasing the pan
- 2 cups frozen or fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup of cane sugar
Whipped Cream Ingredients
- 1 pint of heavy whipping cream
- 1-2 TBSP powdered sugar (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9″ round cake pan and line bottom of pan with parchment paper (it helps to cut into circle to fit the bottom), OR if you want to make individual cakes grease a muffin tin and use cake cup liners.
- In a large bowl, sift together coconut flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together 3 eggs, coconut oil, butter, coconut milk, sugar and vanilla extract. Beat until mixture looks foamy.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry, mix well to combine.
- In another large bowl, beat the egg whites with a standing or hand held mixer until thick soft peaks form. Fold very gently into your cake mixture.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes, you’ll know it’s ready when a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean and cake is golden.
Place strawberries and cane sugar in a bowl and let sit for an hour. Stir every so often to make sure all sugar crystals are dissolved. You want your strawberries to be soft and the juice and sugar reduced to the consistency of syrup.
TIP: If you use fresh strawberries, the mixture will be ready sooner.
Whipped Cream Directions
- With a hand mixer or Kitchen Aid, blend the cream on medium-high speed until you reach a medium-firm consistency (think of shaving cream).
- Add sugar and blend until combined.