Preheat oven to 325°F | cook time 10 mins | prep-time 30 mins | makes 24 servings
One of our friends asked us to make these for an event and they were so tasty we had to share with you! Enjoy!
NOTE: Don’t put them next to the window in the winter, they will turn rock hard. Speaking from experience.
- 24 whole Mini-pretzel Twists
- 24 whole Individually Wrapped Caramel Squares, Unwrapped
- 8 ounces Melted chocolate
- 24 whole Pecan Halves
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place the pecan halves in a single layer on a baking sheet and put in the oven for 5 to 6 minutes, shaking the pan once halfway through, until they’re lightly toasted. Remove them after they’re toasted and put them on a plate to cool.
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Arrange the pretzels neatly on the pan, then top each pretzel with an unwrapped caramel. Place the pan into the oven for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the caramels are softened (but definitely not melting.) Remove the pan from the oven.
- Gently press a pecan half onto each caramel, just enough for the caramel to fill the pretzel. Set them aside to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate. When the pretzel/caramels are cooled, remove them from the baking sheet. Spoon small dollops (1 1/2 teaspoon helpings) of chocolate all over the baking mat, then lightly drop each pretzel onto the middle of each dollop, making sure they’re centered.
- Allow them to cool completely before serving (you can hasten this along in the fridge.)
- Variation: Spoon a little melted chocolate all over the tops of the turtles to cover the whole thing in chocolate.
Recipe from The Pioneer Woman