Preheat oven to 350°F | cook time 1 hour & 30 mins | prep-time 40 mins | makes 12 servings
Danae here. Growing up, I didn’t know any other way to make lasagna. Even though it may seem unconventional, using uncooked noodles allows the noodles to boil in the lasagna and absorb all the flavors. Aside from that, I find its much easier and you don’t have to worry about ripping the noodles. Enjoy!
- 1 egg
- 1 lb cottage cheese
- 1 lb grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb cooked ground sausage (I usually us spicy Italian sausage)
- 12 oz uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 32oz jar of marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix egg and cottage cheese together in a bowl
- Once fully mixed, add grated cheese.
- Add cooked ground sausage (make sure its cool) to cheese mixture and stir until its evenly mixed.
- Add a thin layer of sauce to the bottom of the pan (you can use a spoon to make sure its evenly dispersed)
- Place uncooked noodles in an even layer until the dish is covered
- Spread half of the cheese/sausage mixture over the noodles. Make sure the noodles are fully covered.
- Pour and spread marinara sauce over the cheese layer
- Place uncooked lasagna noodles over the last layer. You may need to break the noodles so they fully fit the pan.
- Add the rest of the cheese/sausage layer and spread evenly
- Pour the rest of the sauce over your lasagna and spread until its fully covered
- Take 1 cup of water and pour over the lasagna (I like to use the marinara jar to get the last of the sauce)
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and make sure the edges are sealed.
- Place in oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes
- Take the lasagna out of the oven and carefully remove the foil. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Place uncovered lasagna in the oven for 15 more minutes
- Remove lasagna and let it cool a little before serving