- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 diced onion
- 2 sliced garlic cloves
- 1 cup multicolored quinoa
- 2 cups water2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 tsp salt
- A dash of cumin
- A pinch of cinnamon
- A dash of turmeric
- Olive oil (for frying)
- 3 TBSP Balsamic vinegar
- Add quinoa and water to sauce pot.
- Heat on stove at high temp until water boils.
- Bring to simmer and add all of the spices and chopped parsley. Cover and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- While quinoa is cooking, stir frequently carrots, onion, celery and garlic in olive oil with pinch of salt on medium high heat until golden brown.
- When 15 minutes is up, add a tsp of olive oil to quinoa and continue to cook quinoa on medium heat (about 2-3 minutes), stirring constantly.
- When the quinoa is ready, combine with the fried veggies, add balsamic vinegar, serve and enjoy!