PREHEAT OVEN TO 350°F | COOK TIME 37 MINS (BROKEN UP INTO 21, 8, 8) | PREP-TIME 10 MINS | MAKES 24-28
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp ground anise
- *2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
*SINCE DANAE IS ALLERGIC TO WHEAT, WE USED NAMASTE’S ORGANIC GLUTEN FREE FLOUR BLEND
- 1 Tbs heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbs water
- 4 tsp confectioners sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar for two minutes until well blended. Add in eggs. Add flour, baking powder and ground anise. Mixing until combined, and dough comes together.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicon baking sheet. Place dough on baking sheet and press (using floured hands) into 3 equal-size loaves (3″x 5″).
- Bake for 21 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Remove and cool 10 minutes.
- Slice in 3/4-1inch slices (the center should be slight soft, but not gooey or wet). Turn each slice carefully onto it’s side. Return to oven and bake 8 minutes.
- Flip to opposite side and bake an additional 8 minutes. Remove and cool completely.
- Combine water, cream and confectioners sugar.
- Stir continually until completely smooth, and blended (The mixture should be fairly runny, but not completely absorbing into the cookie.)
- Take cool biscotti cookies and dip top into the icing mixture.
- Place on parchment paper in a cool area to dry
- While the icing is still wet, sprinkle confectioners sugar on the cookies