Preheat oven to 350°F | cook time 37 mins (broken up into 21, 8, 8) | prep-time 10 mins | makes 24-28
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract
- 1 lemon, zest
- *2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
*since Danae is allergic to wheat, we used Namaste’s Organic Gluten Free Flour blend
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 Tbs heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 2 tsp confectioners sugar
- 1 lemon, zest
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar for two minutes until well blended. Add in eggs, lemon extract and lemon zest. Add flour and baking powder, mixing until combined, and dough comes together.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat. Place dough on baking sheet and press (using floured hands) into 3 equal-size loaves (3″x 5″).
- Bake for 21 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Remove and cool 10 minutes.
- Slice in 3/4-1inch slices (the center should be slight soft, but not gooey or wet). Turn each slice carefully onto it’s side. Return to oven and bake 8 minutes.
- Flip to opposite side and bake an additional 8 minutes. Remove and cool completely.
- Combine white chocolate chips, heavy cream, lemon juice, and confectioners sugar to sauce pan.
- Stir continually at a medium heat until chocolate is completely melted
- Remove from heat and let sit for a minute
- Take cool biscotti cookies and dip half, or top, into the white chocolate mixture.
- Place on parchment paper in a cool area to dry
- While the chocolate is still wet, sprinkle lemon zest on the cookies
Fun fact: both of us have small kitchens. Additional fact: Danae rents a room and her kitchen stuff is stored in her car. If we can do this, so can you! These cookies work best if you bake them on aluminum or steel baking sheet.
Because of our semi-limited resources, we used a glass dish, and a personal-sized pizza sheet. If you use a glass dish, you may need to bake your biscotti loaves a little longer.